VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear Forum
    I have a dvd with "closed-captioned" subtitles. Please does anyone know if I am able to watch the dvd on my pc if so what software do I need .

Also what equipment would I need to be able to be able to view the subtitles when watching on tv. I am in uk I have a tv set and standalone dvd player.

Your kind assistance would be appreciated
    Ian
    ian c
    Quote Quote  
  2. Power DVD lets me see subtitles &/or captions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an OEM version of Power DVD 5 that came with my DVD burner, but for some reason it has a glitch that garbles closed captions, so I use MS Windows Media Player to see them. This should be bundled with Windows XP, if not, it can be downloaded for free.

If the DVD includes closed captions or subtitles, and has been authored correctly, it should be possible to turn them on in MS Windows Media Player by right clicking the top of the window frame, left clicking "Play" and then left clicking "Lyrics, Captions, and Subtitles".

I see you are in the UK so this may or may not help. In the US, the closed captions are turned on using the TV's menu features, not the DVD player. Subtitles are usually accessible via a menu on the DVD itself.
    Quote Quote