VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I have a lager number of HDV mini dv tapes that need to be transfered to pc and would like to know. Do you need a HDV camera for the transfer or will a standard mini DV camcorder be able to transfer the HDV content without loss of quality.

I would like to avoid the excessive cost of going to HDV camera if I can. I can purchase two maybe three standard cameras for the price of one which will doulble/or triple my transfer rate.

Can anyone help..

Thanks in Advance.

imptech3
    Ken Cini
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by imptech3
    Hi all,

I have a lager number of HDV mini dv tapes that need to be transfered to pc and would like to know. Do you need a HDV camera for the transfer or will a standard mini DV camcorder be able to transfer the HDV content without loss of quality.

I would like to avoid the excessive cost of going to HDV camera if I can. I can purchase two maybe three standard cameras for the price of one which will doulble/or triple my transfer rate.

Can anyone help..

Thanks in Advance.

imptech3
    No, I know of no SD DV camcorders that will transfer HDV tapes. That might happen in the future. For now you will need a HDV unit.
    Quote Quote