VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey all, i've been having this problem for over a year now (i gave up 6 months ago and now trying yet again). What i'm trying to do is fit 5 small AVI tv shows which have been converted into DVD format onto one DVD. The problem i'm having is the VOB files which appear after the conversion all seem to have the same name and i can't seem to find out how to re-name so they are all different and can then be burnt onto one DVD disc. Please could you help. Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    use vob2mpeg and convert them one at a time to mpeg. change the mpegs name as you go to whatever you want.mpg then you can use your dvd authoring program on the mpgs.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DeEp34, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apologies Redwudz. Aedipuss, thanks for getting back to me on this. So i change each of the VOB files from each of the shows and rename them say..show1.mpg , show2.mpg and so on. Then put them all into one folder and convert to DVD, is this right? Many thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No. Use VOB2MPG to extract the content correctly, then you can rename the new files to something else.

How are you creating the VOBs ? If you encode and author properly then you won't have the problems you are having. The issues you have usually come form using poor quality tools like WinAVI for conversion, and not fully understanding the process.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Gun, yeah it is Winavi that i'm using to convert into VOB so i'm best off using VOB2MPG from the start and converting through that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DeEp34
    Hi Gun, yeah it is Winavi that i'm using to convert into VOB so i'm best off using VOB2MPG from the start and converting through that?
    Your original post says that you are starting with .avi files.
    You most likely need to start from scratch(the avi files).
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, i will try again tonight and get back to you either way. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ConvertXtoDVD will create basic menus and allow you to add several avi files for encoding. It is a better one-click solution than WinAVI.

If you are in love with WinAVI (and like people who love fat chicks, I don't understand it, but I accept that it happens), then you can use something like Tmpgenc DVD Author's add video function to create menus and bring everything together.

GUIForDVDAuthor can also be used.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey all, everything seemed to be going good but it seems to be freezing my computer when left to convert using ConvertXtoDVD. I'm having to start from the begining every time i leave the computer, any ideas please.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Take the side of the case off your computer and try again
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote