VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, here goes.
    I have a DVD with praise song music videos on it. You can go into a submenu and click to turn on the lyrics (or subtitles). When I look at the disc in dvdshrink it lists 5 titles for the same song, but none have subtitles in them.
    I would like to end up with a divx file for each video with the subtitles built in permanently. I tried to use DVDshrink, imToo dvdripper, and AutoGK, but wasnt exactly sure how to accomplish the task. They all seem to convert ok, but the lyrics are never turned on.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Andrew
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like the subs are hard encoded into one of the titlesets of the songs. preview each title until you find which one has them.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by aedipuss
    sounds like the subs are hard encoded into one of the titlesets of the songs. preview each title until you find which one has them.
    I have done this with dvdshrink and did not find any version with the subs. I will go back and look through them again to double check.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Reauthored again and set subpicture as a default stream. Still no subs.
    Any other software out there I should try?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    play it in a software dvd player with the subs playing. make a note of which title # is playing and try ripping that title # with shrink.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by aedipuss
    play it in a software dvd player with the subs playing. make a note of which title # is playing and try ripping that title # with shrink.
    I did just that and the songs with lyrics are listed as Title 26 Chapter 2, for example. Dvdshrink and others only seem to recognize the main title, not chapters. What now?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you open it in Shrink, are there no subs shown, or are there subs listed but not ticked ?

Shrink can be set to only keep certain languages. If the authoring process did not correctly mark the subs, Shrink might not select them by default.

Secondly, subtitles are applied per title, not by chapter. There may not be any text for the earlier chapters, but the subtitle track will run the full length of the title.

You can isolate a single title in Shrink by clicking Re-Author, dragging the title you want to the left-hand side, then right-clicking and selecting Set Start and End Points.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. It shows the subs and I make sure they are ticked. I have also reauthored a single title only, subs checked, and the default sub stream turned on for good measure. I dunno.
    The closest I have gotten is with ImToo dvd ripper. IT rips them with subs, but the subs are really faint, not bright white.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you open the disc in Shrink, tick your subtitles, and write the results back to the HDD, then open this in Shrink, does it see the subtitles inthe new version ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I will try that.
    I figured out how to use Camtasia studio to record the screen. That worked for now, but I would like to use Shrink to do all the songs at once.
    Thanks for the idea.
    Quote Quote