VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Great forum - real experts here. Well experts - which make and model should i go for? I have not bought a dvd set for a really long time. My present one - a cheap JWIN set finally stopped working (it does not read any disc at all anymore). Anyway, having moved to Europe, i have a huge collection of DVDs that I cannot play on anything that I can buy here in Finland. Finding a hack for the models on sale in the shops here is not easy (all the hacks on the internet seem to be for models not on sale).

Ideally I would need something with multiregion dvd capability, Harddrive, digital tuner with a smartcard slot so that I can get rid of my settop cable box and upscaling to get a decent picture. I have a plasma screen that I bought in the US that does not have HDMI or firewire inputs. I would not like to buy a new TV or monitor.

I have a budget of around 500 euros.
    Quote Quote  
  2. digital tuner with a smartcard slot so that I can get rid of my settop cable box
    Fairly certain the two are diff .. smartcard will probably only allow pay-tv over the air (see Freeview and Top-up TV in the UK)
    Are you even sure your big TV will work properly ? voltage 110 vs 220 ntsc vs pal
    Try Karenina(?? russian enclave) as russians sell anything especially multi-region shaznat
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote