VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Can anyone here help me to extract the DTS audio out of a 1920-1080p .ts file and then merge the video stream with a AC3 audio stream into a prestine .ts file?

I prefer freeware tools if it's possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It can be done if your source file is Mpeg2 TS . Let us know if it is.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Code:
    Container and general information:

MPEG-2TS: 3.09 GiB
    1 video streams: MPEG-2 Video
    1 audio streams: AC3

First video stream
    80 Mbps, 1920*1080 (16/9), at 29.970 fps, MPEG-2 Video (Composite) (Main@High) (CustomMatrix)

First audio stream
    448 Kbps, 48 KHz, 6 channels, AC3
    Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I had had some difficulty with Kingdom of Heaven BD (mpeg2) rip that I wanted to make into a mp4 720p. It only had DTS audio so here is what I did I had to extract the audio into wav files re-encode those in vegas. You can obtain a trial version of vegas free; however you will not be able to make ac3 output from the wav files w/o purachasing this software. However you can make stereo out of the L,R,C & possibly combine the LFE if desired. Since I didn't want to purchase vegas for just this one task I made an mpeg2 stereo audio stream. I used tranzcode to make the DTS audio streams into 6 wav mono tracks that vegas will accept. You will need to right click on the DTS audio stream when you load your ts file into Tsremux & extract just the audio stream. I did the same thing with the video right click select the stream option. Then remembering that Tmpgenc has mpeg tools I was able to remux the audio back into the extracted video stream I made with Tsremux. Then do the same process all over again for the other half of the BD-50. Once this was accomplished nero recode accepted the files.

These are all freeware tools. However I am using Recode which isn't freeware to make an mp4's. Hope that helps.
    Quote Quote