VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I've been trying to send a video to a broadcast agency that wants 50 Mbps, I-frame, 1'st field MPEG2 files for Telestream hardware. No luck so far.

This line has been close but will not play without conversion on their side.

ffmpeg -i upper.mov -intra -vcodec mpeg2video -aspect 4:3 -b 50000k -maxrate 50000k -minrate 50000k -bufsize 2000k -qscale 0.1 -r 25 -flags +trell+ildct -pix_fmt yuv422p -top 1 -acodec mp2 -ab 384k out.mpg

Any suggestions?

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't know that ffmpeg would allow you to encode with I frames only. Also, I think ffmpeg is limited to 40m bit rate. Of course, I could be wrong. Looks like you're using it for the Pipeline product? You should borrow the media hardware from them so you can test your settings until you find the proper fit.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is that the hardware is 3000 km from here, heh.

I-frames is possible and the result is a file with 50 Mbps video due to the min-max values. I think I've made 30 versions but no one is spot on...

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    do you have a working sample?
    have you requested one?
    if you upload part of it maybe we can help reproduce.

also worth noting setting output to anything.mpg muxes to mpeg-1 sytem stream.
    set to anything.vob for mpeg-2 PS

gl
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Telestream was kind enough to release a patch for their hardware to support ffmpeg's flavour of mpeg-2. Too late for me though...

One curious thing whith ffmpeg is that it seems like it lowers the black levels by a small amount but enough to get it out of broadcast standards. But it could also be that my video tools isn't properly set up.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sitting with the same situation, do you know the required settings, or have a link by any chance?

thanks in advance
    Quote Quote