VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have about 50 .ogm/.mkv files that i would like to burn to dvd. My problem is when it comes time to encode them (i use a easy program called winAVI) it automatically selects the first audio track (japanese) and automatically puts subs on (english) i want to find a program or a way to encode the files with english audio and no subs. the program i use doesn't work show that there is more than one audio stream. Also i use directvobsub and ffdshow video and audio decoders. I tried messing with the audio decoder but even in that program there wasn't a way to change the audio stream.

thanx for your help. if you need anymore info from me please don't hesitate to ask.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just had a similar problem myself, and after some trial and error found a relatively easy way to fix the problem. Download and install MKVToolnix. Run mkvmerge GUI. "Add" your input file ("mkv") in the input tab, and it should break down your file into it's components in the "Tracks" windows just below the Input window. In your case, it should show at least 4 component files - the video file, 2 audio files, and a subtitle file. By default, all are selcted (checkmark in the little box beside each component). What you want to do is uncheck the subtitle component and the japanese audio component of your mkv file, leaving the video and english audio components checked (if you click on an audio component in the Tracks window, it should tell you in the General track options just below that what language the audio is). Give you file a different output file name (maybe just put the word "New" at the front of the filename), and then click on "Start Muxing". When it's done processing, you should have a new mkv file with only video and the english audio that you can then process with your favourite avi to dvd software. Let me know how it goes ...!
    Quote Quote