VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Recently some files burned to CDRW gave message certain files could not be copied due to sharing violation. These files were read only, and trying to change that attribute failed. Then files were copied to USB 2.0 thumb drive, and attribute could be changed but still gave "File could not be copied due to sharing violation" message. Finally I booted to safe mode and copied files from thumb drive with no problem. Has anybody an explanation for this kind of problem, and is there a way to copy such files when booted normally?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What type of files? I've had similar issues with system files (which windows recognizes as system files and doesn't want to move them, especially if you are trying to overwrite actual system files) and with large video files (which windows seems to think are in use even though I haven't currently accessed them). For system files, you need to be in safe mode. For the other issue, a reboot often corrects the issue (at least for me).
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For the other issue I assume you mean not being able to change the read only attribute, but I think that happened because changing attributes involves writing for which I don't believe Windows alone can write to files burned to CD. If files had been copied to CD via packet writing, then file attribute probably could be changed.

Concerning file types they are files in folders of a charting program, and it may be Windows thought they were in use even though they were not system files I don't believe.
    Quote Quote