VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVD with no chapter points and I want to insert them at exact spots that i've determined. can i do this with PGCedit?

ken
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

The easiest way I know to do this is to first demux the video using PGCDemux. Edit the Celltimes.txt to add in the chapters. Then remux using Muxman. Add in the Celltimes.txt in File->Import Chapter. Note that the Celltimes.txt uses frame numbers based on the output framerate of the DVD. For PAL this means 25fps and NTSC means the 29.97fps frame numbers. Since PGCEdit itself only supports them in that format, then maybe that's the way you made them (but something tells me that's not true). If you have the chapter points in some other format (like times), then reauthor using whatever authoring app that supports chapters in that particular format. Once you have the new Muxman (or some other program) authored DVD, assuming there's other things in the DVD you want to keep, such as menus and/or extras, open the original DVD in PGCEdit, highlight the original chapterless video, go File->Replace VTST titles, and follow the instructions from there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why do not you get DVD Remake. It is not free, but you can create chapters without all those steps all in one program.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help. I think I'll try both. I'm trying to learn PGCedit so this will be good experience but I like simple software too!

Ken
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a simple guide how to do it without demuxing:

http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremakepro/ht_insert_chapter.php

With DVDRemake you don't need to learn the program itself; while using it, you just learn DVD structure and navigation commands presented there in friendly form. Also good reference info in help file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Heck, if you want to do it that way, VobBlanker can do exactly the same thing, do it more easily and quickly, and doesn't cost a dime.

Open the DVD in VobBlanker, highlight the video so it appears in the lower screen, hit "Cells" to the right, and in the new screen that opens up, highlight the single cell and hit "Split". Then have fun, creating up to 33 chapters from the original single cell.
    Quote Quote