VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.

I'll write a short info, you can skip this and read direct on my question below.
    I have an engagement DVD, its mine, but my parent and me didn't attended because I live in Australia and my finance live in Vietnam. So I let my aunties represent my parent during that day.
    Now I have the DVD filming the event.

Because my parent wasn't there, now I need to add my parent's photo into the video...just for about 5 second at a specific point.

Since I use photoshop, I look around and use the trial of DVD Encore CS3 but this program eat too much of my CPU (Pentium 4 2.4Ghz 512mb ram) and I couldn't do anything with it. So i browse in this forum and end up using Vegas and it was going quite well. This is my first time using Vegas, so far I able to put the video on the timeline, create a new layer on top and drag photo of my parent into the top time line.

Here is what I would like to do.
    Timeline:
    layer1(top): photo
    layer2(bottom) video

1. My photo is quite large, I would like to resize it and place it on the top left corner, then after 2 second, I would like to enlarge the photo and move the photo to the center of the screen, then after that, the photo will fade and disappear.

Will Vegas able to do that? if yes, can anyone give me a brief step by step, don't have to be detail, just the key info and i'll experience it myself. Or any available tutorial that i can take and implement it into my situation.

thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it can do this. The simplest way is to use the Track Motion button on the track with the photo. This will let you scale and move the photo around. Use keyframes to control the movement and scaling. You might have to play a little bit to get the hang of it, but once you do it is very powerful. Then just fade out at the end.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can you give me a quick step by step guide. to make it simple, just show me how to slide the image from left to right and i will take it from there.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    nvm, i found the tutorial on the official website and its really helpful.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cool. I have had a bastard of a week at work so far and haven't had time to put anything together.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote