VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone!

Maybe this has been actually answered but can't find anything...

Well, I have some Avi files (x264 + MP3) which I want to mux to MP4 so they can be played in a Xbox 360 (don't know if x264 will play but I'm trying so I can find out the answer).

I don't really know if there's specific steps to extract the x264 stream from the avifile, but extracted with VDub, extracted audio as Wav and used BeLight to turn it into AAC...

With this done, I've tried using YAMB, but some problem appears while trying to mux

Error importing [file].h264: BitStream Not Compliant

What does it mean???

can I still doing this conversion or is better to leave them as they are????
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mp4box can only handle avi input for MPEG-4 Part 2 (Xvid, DivX, etc.). VDub only saves avi's so you have an avi with a .h264 extension. You need to use something like avi2raw to get an actual raw stream.

The 360 as I understand it will play it as long as the stream is HP 4.1 or lower. Also I hope you saved the audio as LC aac, not HE.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, forgotten to reply...

well seems the audio was encoded correctly but video appears to be non compliant, I don't really know why, I'm gonna try again
    Quote Quote