Hello! I'm currently going through the motions of testing what should be my master DVD on various set top players before I take the plunge and get it replicated.

The results have been varied as I expected, but so far nothing crippling up until just now.

On one specific player, the menu selection highlights don't usually load after a track has been played. I'd say 80% of the time it doesn't show, but it will on rare occasions. When the highlight disappears, it is still active. You can move it around blindly and try and select something... but that's just no good. It always loads correctly when jumping from menu to menu, however. It's just the tracks playing that sometimes shuts it off.

My friend does DVD authoring on DVDSP, and this is on his main DVD player that the problem surfaces. He says he's never seen this problem on either pro DVDs or DVD-Rs. If it weren't for that info, I'd just chalk it up to the specific DVD player, but obviously something is different about my project. He had no ideas, aside from bitrate (all my menus are movies themselves), which I think is a non-issue because they're all extremely safe at a CBR of 5.

I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas? Is there a safer way to program a jump at the end of a track aside from the default "end jump" selection in the Track Menu? Or is there something about how my menus are loading that must be specially programmed to always show their overlays? Gah! Help.

Thanks!

-adam