VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have flashed my Pioneer DVR-112D, but now the WinXP locked the region. I tried DVD Region Free and AnyDVD, but no luck. Can something like DVDFab HD Decrypter solve this problem??
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bltprf
    I have flashed my Pioneer DVR-112D, but now the WinXP locked the region. I tried DVD Region Free and AnyDVD, but no luck. Can something like DVDFab HD Decrypter solve this problem??
    Thanks
    Nope, you're gonna have to use hacked firmware for your PIONEER 112D drive to make it become region free. I don't use ANYDVD but supposedly it's suppose to make it region free. You could try using DVD REGION KILLER to make your windows system region free. If you wanna use the hacked firmware for your PIONEER drive then you'll have to download it at the DANGEROUS BROTHER'S website.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Solve what problem??

Watching other region dvd's or ripping them ??

If you want to watch other region dvd's you need to either flash your drive with region free firmware or use something like DVDIdlePro, anydvd (never tried it) ect.....

If you just want to rip another region dvd it does not matter what region your dvd-rom is locked to, only when you try to play it.

If you gave more detail on what you are trying to do or having a problem doing

Does Vague mean anything 8)
    Quote Quote  
  4. sorry not being clear...
    I want to copy dvds from other region. i have tried DVD region free.
    attached below is my discinfo.
    thanks for the help

Quote Quote  
  5. Check RPC1.org website for a firmware.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Does it has something to do with the Windows region? or am I just choosing the wrong firmware?

Originally Posted by nic2k4
    Check RPC1.org website for a firmware.
    Thanks, I'll try it...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Okay... so when you try to copy them what is happening ?
    You copy them but they don't play, you can't get them to rip from the original disc ?

As i stated before, if you are just trying to rip them from the original disc, the region setting of your drive does not matter, it only matters if you are trying to play the original disc on your pc & the disc is a diff. region than what your drive is set to.

Still not giving any real detail......
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like you region set your drive the 5 times windows allows. Flashing with any correct firmware should reset the clock. Look for region free firmware. The RPC1 site is what I've used.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Firmware 1.09 doesn't work, I tried it. That drive is still locked. This is from my Mac.

Go here to get v. 1.15 http://tdb.rpc1.org/#DVR112D
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    Okay... so when you try to copy them what is happening ?
    You copy them but they don't play, you can't get them to rip from the original disc ?
    I want to copy that foreign disc, but my drive can't even read the disc. The disc is fine, I guess, i tried it on a home DVD player, worked fine.
    And one more thing that's confusing me is I read somewhere else that when we flash the drive to region free, the software/windows protection kicks in. So we have to deal with the windows protection.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I flashed my firmware with a region free version and have never had probelms with it being locked by windows. And ripping doesn't look at the region anyway. I suspect you have other problems.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bltprf
    I want to copy that foreign disc, but my drive can't even read the disc. The disc is fine, I guess, i tried it on a home DVD player, worked fine.
    And one more thing that's confusing me is I read somewhere else that when we flash the drive to region free, the software/windows protection kicks in. So we have to deal with the windows protection.
    Did you flash your drive with the hacked firmware from "THE DANGEROUS BROTHER'S" website? If you didn't then that's your problem. Going to the FIRMWARE INDEX to download the firmware

isn't going to work because they don't have the HACKED FIRMWARE to make it REGION FREE.
    Here's the download you need for your PIONEER 112D drive:
    FYI using this hacked firmware will void your PIONEER WARRANTY.

http://tdb.rpc1.org/#DVR112D

If you don't wanna use the hacked firmware from there then download DVD REGION KILLER to take care of your WINDOWS system to fool it.

Read this link about complaining about a region after flashing a drive:

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=239
    Quote Quote