VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I was fooling with my parents mahcine last night....it has on-board audio and they want to record some stuff (LPs). question is, how do you tell what the capabilities of the on-board audio card is? For example. can you capture 96/24 or just 44.1/16?

Is there a program out there that you can install that will find all this?

they have SoundMax Integrated Digital audio from device mananager in xp
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  2. You could lookup the M/B information on the web or try capturing audio with something like Audacity and see which settings it allows.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think in order to capture 96-24 you have to have a fiber optic or digital coax connection. I don't believe its possible to do that high of a recording off of analog connections.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can record 96/25 from analog...my soundblaster, which is "certified" for this does it nicely.

With Audacity, and Audition, which I tried on their machine let me record any sample rate/bitrate I want....so I doubt I have a conclusion with it.
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote