VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I bought an IO Magic 16X Internal DVD ReWritable Drive (Dual Format Double Layer) at staples. I believe it is actually an LG drive (LG GSA H22N). I cannot seem to get the drive to perform at more than 4X. I am using Nero and am not sure if there is a speed optimizer in it I should use. I did get the latest firware from LG (GSA-H22N_102.zip) but that didn't speed it up after I flashed the drive. I also got 16X media with no change.

Could someone give me some tips> Drive seens to run fine, just not as fast as I had hoped.

Mike
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure it's a LGH22N drive? Because the LGH22N drive isn't a 16x dvd burner, it's a 18x drive. Your drive could be a BENQ 1640 or 1650. Did the sticker on the drive say LGH22N? STAPLES used to sell the I/O MAGIC 16X dvd internal drive which were rebadged BENQ 1640 or 1650 drives or they could also be LITEON drives as well.

What brand of media are you using? Try using VERBATIM or TAIYO YUDEN dvd media and burn with IMGBURN instead of NERO.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DVD decrypter is also quite a good burner for iso images.

Check pio mode and ide mode.

delete ALL dvd drives under XP , then reboot and let Xp re-create the device descriptions from scratch.

16x drive will only burn at 16x on correct media and only for a small portion of the burn (25%?) cav/clv

Below is a correct 16x burn (1200 pio errors)
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RabidDog
    DVD decrypter is also quite a good burner for iso images.

Check pio mode and ide mode.

delete ALL dvd drives under XP , then reboot and let Xp re-create the device descriptions from scratch.

16x drive will only burn at 16x on correct media and only for a small portion of the burn (25%?) cav/clv

Below is a correct 16x burn (1200 pio errors)
    DVD DECRYPTER is NO LONGER UPDATED. It would be best to use IMGBURN to burn ISO images. Both of those programs were created by the same author, LightningUK.
    Quote Quote