VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an NTSC back-up camera in a vehicle, and a small screen in the cabin. On very bright days, the video is not bright enough to see easily - the brightness on the screen is too weak.

But I do know that the screen is bright enough to be visible during the day, since the unit doubles as a GPS unit, and I can see the maps on the screen very well in bright sun. I've upped the configurable brightness in the screen as much as possible, but it isn't enough.

I'm presuming I need some type of video amplifier or video processor that can increase the luminance. If so, the simplest unit would be the best. I can also make one if someone can point me to the circuit.

Thoughts, advice much appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need a better camera, something that works under the conditions you mentioned. Anything else is like trying to turn a Yugo into a Porsche - you'll just end up with a weird looking Yugo.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by craigdillon
    I have an NTSC back-up camera in a vehicle, and a small screen in the cabin. On very bright days, the video is not bright enough to see easily - the brightness on the screen is too weak.
    You can't do much to make the screen brighter. Most people rig a sun shade.

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe stronger window tint?
    Quote Quote