VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi i was wondering what is better RCA cables are S-video, what has been better in your experience?

personally for me RCA cables, are better because for the first time when i tried S-video with my tbc my capture screen went grainy and a little green so it was not a good experience, then i changed again to RCA cables it was still green then finally after a few minutes with the cables it went normal again

so for me s-video is no!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    S-video should be better than composite for capturing or playback.

If you are having problems with S-video, it may be your cables or connections or your settings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Redwudz is correct. S-video should be so much better than composite that you should never even consider composite. Something is definitely wrong if you are getting better results from composite because that should not be happening.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think its a general rule that Svid cables will cause less picture problems as thats their inherant purpose. How good are the cables your using? recently I noticed some herringbone interference when using svid cables vcr>tbc>dvdrw. It could only be seen on my pc lcd not the TV. One cable was a new Thor fully screened the other was a thin basic svid cable, when this was swapped the HB int was gone. It must have been the two arial leads leaking.
    An ebay search and a bit of watching should find some good gold/screened scarts, or svids that could be better.
    Your ext.tbc is often recommended and I've not read of these issues before, was it new or SH, if the PQ changes after time it could be a heat/ventilation problem with the unit?
    Quote Quote