VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI,i want to separate audio from an avi file,save it as ac3 (i guess).what i wanna do is use this audio stream as second audio track using tmpgenc dvd author 3.I tried to choose the second avi as an audio source but the program just froze.Thas that make sense?How do i go about it?let me say it again: I have an avi file,i want to make the dvd from it,keep the original audio and add audio from another avi to it,so i can switch from one to another.possible?how?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    virtualdub - file-sav wav if its stereo only.

use virtualdubmod and go to streams and select audio (if its ac3 or something else) and save out the audio stream you want. Then you'll have the seperate audio file you want to use.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thx,as far as saving audio worked fine but tmpgenc froze again,at the beginning of an output,right on creating menus...Any other porgs that would work fine?I had problems with some clips in tmpgenc,it doesnt take some of my avi's..??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try AVI2WAV for saving the audio stream from an AVI as a wave-format file, then convert it to whatever you want.

I don't have any experience with TDA - maybe it requires audio to be in a certain format/within certain specifications (not that I'd know what those were, if that's the case ), doesn't like VBR-encoded MP3 audio, etc.?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got the wav all right,but when i start to export the project and stuff it gets stuck on menu and it say calculating remaining time,i was able to do this dvd with single audio stream,when i do 2 it just gets stuck...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    use gspot to check the audio - is it 48khz? That is the format dvds need. Though if tmpgenc lets you proceed than its another issue. Do you have another authoring program to test it on?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yea audio is 48khz,it looks like there is something wrong with tda,always something,whenever i install a new program some other one gets all messed up...i'll try reinstalling tda.I have nero 7 Ultra,but i dont think i can do 2 audio streams with nero vision(or any other nero stuff),can i?
    Anyway,how they expect me to buy the software if there is no support for the trial (tda)version and the trial version just stopped working after 4 days?....
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK,i did it,dvd with 2 audio streams ,with tmpgenc,thx for the help
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could have also tried ffmpeg to directly convert the avi's audio to AC3.
    Quote Quote