VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have one big problem: When I converted and burn, i miss the last few minutes on the DVD when i try to watch it.
    Any ideas how to fix that ?
    I use convertxtodvd.

Rene
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did this happen once, or does it happen every time ?
    Are you sure the last few minutes are in the source file ?

DVD doesn't just 'run out' It will either fit, or it won't. ConvertXtoDVD won't stop when the disc is full either. It will convert all that it can access. If the end is missing then there was either a corruption int he file, or the last few minutes weren't there.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Did this happen once, or does it happen every time ?
    Are you sure the last few minutes are in the source file ?

DVD doesn't just 'run out' It will either fit, or it won't. ConvertXtoDVD won't stop when the disc is full either. It will convert all that it can access. If the end is missing then there was either a corruption int he file, or the last few minutes weren't there.
    Yes, it happens to all the videos.
    The files are not corrupt. I can watch the files with a viewer. So i look all the ends of the films on my PC.
    It just looks like the DVD is to small. I don't know,... .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you try to burn a DVD that is too big to a disc, the burning application will refuse to burn. Simple as that.

If you play back the DVD created by ConvertXtoDVD from your HDD before burning does it play to the end ?

How do you burn ?

What discs do you use ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    If you try to burn a DVD that is too big to a disc, the burning application will refuse to burn. Simple as that.

If you play back the DVD created by ConvertXtoDVD from your HDD before burning does it play to the end ?

How do you burn ?

What discs do you use ?
    After converting, i can shee the whole film from HDD. No problem at all.
    What you mean with : how i burn ? I tried different speeds but no change.

I also used 3 different DVD's. From a cheap one to an expensive one. No change at all.
    It has something to to with the burning process. I just can not figure out what.

Anyway thanks so far. Hope still for the ultimate answer,...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What software do you burn with ? I am assuming you just let ConvertXtoDVD burn for you.

Try writing to your HDD, then using Imgburn to burn to disc.

Also, put on of the DVDs you have created into your PC, copy the files back to your HDD and play it from there. Tell me if the ending is in those files.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now I will confuse you even more,… .
    I burn with ConvertXtoDVD. I will try to use Imgburn. Thanks for the tip.

Copying back the files I already tried. With the std DVD drive I can not ready all the files. It seams to be corrupt. But when I put the DVD in the writer (witch I used) I can ready all the stuff. And I have the end.
    So it seams the writer burns on places where no other reader can come,… .
    I got a tip, that the writing head of the DVD writer could be damage (maybe bend a little). So I bought a other DVD-Writer yesterday, and now it works al perfect.

Still I’m not a person who lays down stuff. I still want to get the other one working properly.
    When I open and look into the not working writer, I can not believe that the should be something bend. There must be a other reason.

Rene
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDs burn with a laser, not a head. If the laser is out of alignment you would get bad burns across the disc. The symptoms you have seen are usually associated with poor quality media. Usually if a burner is going bad or has compatibility issues then the problems are spread across more of the disc or you get incomplete and failed burns. The fact that you couldn't read the data back seems to indicate burning issues, either because of the media quality of the burner. That a new burner solves the problem could mean the old burner was going bad, or simply that the new burner has better firmware than your old one.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for all the info.
    Quote Quote