VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a project that requires me to videotape propietary software on a computers screen. I need to show how the software works. You will see the mouse select items and see screens changing, etc...What is the best way to videotape this? Aiming a camera at a computer screen and hitting record is obviously not the way to go. So if I am on location, what would I need and do to get the cleanest image of what is on the screen?

Thanks,
    SR
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    your approach sure seems like the hard to way do that. There are software packages out there that will do exactly what you are wanting to do. The cost is not very over the top and might be worth the time to investigate. CamStudio and Quick Screen Recorder are two that come to mind but I am sure there are others.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can camstudio allow you to show a wide of the screen as well as closeups of certain icons. I need to show the mouse coming into frame and clciking on a different icons.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Windows media encoder
    Camstudio (grab there screen caps codec)
    Screen recorder from zd soft : http://www.zdsoft.com/

If working with programs that use video windows , you may need to cut back video acceleration , or the areas containing video will be black .
    Quote Quote  
  5. CamRecorder is better then camstudio in my opinion

record in huffyuv if u have some space
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote