VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I found out i can play DVD's using Media Player 11 with Vista after clicking "Run As Administrator" but i get no sound. I tried a codec but it screwed up playback on DVD's saying it can't play it. I restored the PC but i don't know what to do. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try vlc or media player classic instead.

I'm not sure what problem your having with wmp since my vista pc does play dvds in wmp without a hitch.

But vlc and media player classic can play dvds easily and they are free.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. i can play DVD's in Media Player after i select "Run as Administrator" but there just isn't any sound is all. i have the volume all the way up and everything. maybe it's an audio channel issue or audio codec issue i don't know. But i hope i can get this figured out soon. Any advice on how to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. it seems like someone recommended a thing like this before when i first got XP and it forced the sound so low i could barely hear it so i had to do a restore. In any case,i can get audio from CD's,wavs,mpegs,etc with Media Player. I just can't with DVD's.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try another player than. as mentioned vlc or media player classic are worthy options.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. well i guess i can live without it but i just hope after the next media player update,they'll fix the codec issue. Maybe i just need to go to the media player site and check the latest version there. thanks again.
    Quote Quote