VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dowloaded 3 separate AVI files which together make a full show. In the 2 first videos the audio is out-of-sync, it goes faster than video. The third one is ok. How can I fix the 2 first vids?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I haven't needed to do this yet myself, but you need to multiplex (or is it demultiplex, I alwasy confuse the two) the video. What that means is separate the audio from the video. Once you have done this, you can use a program to adjust the length of the audio to match the video, ie. slow down the audio. As I haven't needed to do that yet, I'm not sure which program will do it for you, but I'm sure there are people on here that will know. I think Womble Video Wizard is one that might do it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Before you do anything too silly, you have to work out what type of sync problem you have. You only need to stretch the audio if the audio sync changes over time. Most of the time the sync problem is constant, it just starts too early or too late, in which case you just have to change the start point of the audio.

Read this post : https://forum.videohelp.com/topic316884.html
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    ... in which case you just have to change the start point of the audio....
    Exactly. I was going to write that as well, but one of my kids distracted me and I forgot to mention it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's always the children's fault, isn't it Seymour . . . . .
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    It's always the children's fault, isn't it Seymour . . . . .
    You crack me up.
    Quote Quote