VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I am new to this forum please pardon me if i sound stupid.

My Story

I went to my cousin house he showed me his wedding film i saw his wedding film before which was had too much brightness and colour wasn't right but now he caputred it or edited it using some program which looks like HD Quality dvd now. I was wondering hows he done it. Can that be achieved using just software or did he recapture it using better capture card and then converted it into DVD. (He got his wedding done by some guy he knows before he recaptured or edited it himself). I asked him about he has done it but he didn't tell me what he did.

I really want to learn how to do that i currently have Sony Vegas and Adombe premiere softwares and PC spec Amd athlon (tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200
    2.21 GHZ, 1.00 GB of RAM

I don't know how to get details of graphics cards or other pc details you may require to help me can you also post how to get detailed Pc information. thanks. Back to the topic i have good graphics card i am sure because i have recorded stuff off my vcr using Wintv software. Quality of the video captured from vcr tape is okay but not too excellent.

My wedding dvd is also has too much brightness and colourfull i gave my friend wedding tapes he converted them for me but quality is okay but too much brightness and colour i am sure i can improve this like my cousin did he completely changed quality of his wedding film. If i need to buy better graphics card i will and memory upgrade etc.

Now i want to show him i can do it too but without his help. First i guess you guys need my Pc details what spec i have in details can you guide me to program which tells you in details how fast his your pc and what graphics cards etc i have.

Thanks guy please reply back. Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can enhance video such as adjust the brightness, colors, noise removal etc. You can't do what you describe and go from garbage to HD.

What is the most original source you have? VHS , mini-dv, DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thecoalman
    You can enhance video such as adjust the brightness, colors, noise removal etc. You can't do what you describe and go from garbage to HD.

What is the most original source you have? VHS , mini-dv, DVD?
    My original source is VHS which later converted by friend to DVD. I am attaching file which tells you everything about my pc details speed, dvdrewriter etc. Please describe more what program do i need to adujust brightness etc. Thanks for reply.

my%20pc.txt
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Being that VHS is analog its best to fix these issues prior to capture. Starting with a good VCR and capture card is essential, see the restoration forum for more info.

You computer specs are really irrelevant except the capture card, Premeire and Vegas can both adjust brightness, can't help you there cause I have neither.

What card are you using to capture now and what format?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thecoalman
    Being that VHS is analog its best to fix these issues prior to capture. Starting with a good VCR and capture card is essential, see the restoration forum for more info.

You computer specs are really irrelevant except the capture card, Premeire and Vegas can both adjust brightness, can't help you there cause I have neither.

What card are you using to capture now and what format?
    Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by ATI
    Graphics Chipset RADEON X550

Bus Type PCI Express
    Current Bus Setting PCI Express

Memory Size 256 MB
    Memory Type DDR SGRAM / SDRAM

Core Clock in MHz 398 MHz
    Memory Clock in MHz 196 MHz

Primary Display Yes

This is the card i use to capture video and it captures in MPG format. At the moment i am using RF lead to connect my vcr to pc but will get svideo adapter which might help me capture better. What do u think?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Try www.digitalfaq.com for directions for capturing to AVI using HuffyUV , from there you import into Virtualdub and use many filters.
    Quote Quote