VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Good morning everyone

I'm having a little problem in setting up XP Home and User Accounts with diff. hardware.

Ok. Let me explain.. It was my assumption that when you create addition User Accounts,
    (with different hardware.. ie, PCI/USB capture cards) that *ONLY* the user account
    associated with that hardware (installed at the time of the new user account) would
    be available to the user in that account.

Given the following User Accounts:
    A - Hauppauge HVR-1600 capture
    B - ADS VideoXpress USB2 capture
    C - Hauppague PVR-USB2 capture
    D - Winfast TV2000 XP Expert capture
    D1-Winfast TV2000 XP Expert capture (mod Setup or Registry)
    E - Video Workstation

Then:
    If I want to capture only with the Winfast, (D) then XP Home should only see the
    Winfast and not the others.
    If I want to capture with the HVR-1600, (E) again, then XP Home should only see
    the HVR-1600 and not the others.

As of current, everything that I have added (associated to *each* his account) is
    showing up in *ALL* the accounts. All the capture cards/devices are showing. I
    might (would like) to make other configurations using the same capture cards,
    maybe to Fine-Tune or Debug their performances, etc. But I can't do this at
    this time.

Q: If this can't be done the way I'm currently doing, above, then is there another way
    that I can acomplish this ??

A: TBD

-vhelp 4304
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK... there is a shared folder to be accessed by all accounts at My Computer\Shared Docs

however as i understand if you are logged in as Account A any program, file created should only be accesses by A (as long as it isnt put into the shared documents folder)

however... any devices or hardware introduced
    eg. Networking Adapter, USB Memory Stick, External HardDrive.... basically anything external camera.. it doesn't matter will be open to all users.

I don't think there is a way round that.
    HERE TO HELP

Ollie.
    Quote Quote