VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I try to watch a video in Youtube the video is played back in frames (by that I mean the video is staggard and not smooth) (sound is fine). When I watch an .avi or .mpg file (not on the web), the video is played back fine. Do I need some kind of codec or something? My video card and PC are capable of playing video smooth (32mb Video memory).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How is your internet connection?
    Quote Quote  
  3. You didn't really mention if you ar e having this probelm with files on your hard drive or live from Youtube? If live then start the playback and pause until the whole thig is downloaded and see if that helps. Stuttering playback usually means a slow Internet a hech54 surmised.

If they local on your drive try VLC

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    YouTube is also very slow/busy at certain times of the day due to traffic. I don't even attempt to watch vids at times (like right now for example)....
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've got high speed ADSL. I let Youtube complete the video before I start to watch it. It may be that Youtube is busy. I'll try later in the day. I'll also try to watch some trailers from the Quicktime site and see if it does the same. Files on the drive play fine.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes they are busy ... after my last efforts to record what was playing ... which worked out well ... once they sent the data .
    Quote Quote  
  7. When I downloaded a youtube video, it played alot smoother.
    Quote Quote