VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi all this is my first time on this site. I installed a tv video card and ran coxial cable from satellite receiver to computer..I'm watching tv on my computer but when I try to record I get an error message "no data from the encoder unspecifed error ox80004005" I'm really new to this so can anyway help me? ..thks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    So many problems with this post...
    1) Wrong forum. You want the Capturing forum.
    2) You make the usual newbie mistake of thinking that the less you tell us, the more likely you are to get help. You are wrong. The more you tell us about what you did, the more likely you are to get help. Try again IN THE CORRECT FORUM and include this information:
    Your tv video card model
    What software you are using to record
    What format you are recording in (DVD, VCD, etc.)
    Whether or not you can see the video through your tv card BEFORE you try to record it. Usually if you can't see it prior to recording, you're not going to capture anything when you try to record it.

My best guess based on your error is that the capture card is not seeing any video signal, hence there is nothing to record. If so, you'll need to fix that problem, but more info on exactly what you are doing would help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'd try reinstalling the Hauppauge software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by brenjim
    hi all this is my first time on this site. I installed a tv video card and ran coxial cable from satellite receiver to computer..I'm watching tv on my computer but when I try to record I get an error message "no data from the encoder unspecifed error ox80004005" I'm really new to this so can anyway help me? ..thks
    Are you talking about the HVR-1600? You might find some info in this thread.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic330091.html

As for a satellite receiver, the card has no specific support other than analog input.
    Quote Quote