VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    i have a movie file (.avi ) which plays perfectly in my pc with vlc player .. when i BURN it to the CD with nero , then the audio sync is terrible.. what should i do
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you burn it as a data file to the CD, or as some kind of video disk format like VCD or SVCD?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    burned it as vcd to watch it on standalone vcd player .. the original file was a dvdrip (legal) !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Then it's not the actual burning that is the problem area, but the conversion from AVI to mpg1.
    I don't know how many times I've said this, but Nero really is not to be considered for anything but data burning. As a video format converter, it, well, leaves a lot to be desired...
    Most likely your AVI has VBR audio - something that throws most encoders off.
    EazyVCD is rumored as the good choice for oneclick AVI to VCD. I suggest you try that, or head over to the CONVERT section left, look up "AVI to VCD", and start reading!
    Basically, to do it by hand, you need:
    VirtualDub (for AVI preprocessing if needed)
    TMPGEnc (for encoding)
    VCDEasy (for authoring)

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    thanks a lot for all the valuable info mats .. one more thing .. what is the best way to burn a dvdrip to play it on a standalone DVD Lg 9xxx series player ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What LG 9xxx? It may play DivX - If so, just burn the AVI as data file to a CD-R or DVD-R. Even Nero can't go wrong with this task, but ImgBurn is the most reliable burner tool available.

/Mats
    Quote Quote