VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looking for a VCR/DVD Recorder Combo with macrovision decorded or remover or stabilizer in the unit?
    the tapes (vhs) are copywrited but are mine bought and paid for and using it for my fun,not to resell.
    Peter
    Quote Quote  
  2. www.ktvision.com ISPRO 198 it works i have one
    Quote Quote  
  3. No name brand can sell what you want as a part of the unit. It being against the DMCA to have them in the unit here in the USA.

Buy seperates, VHS player, DVD recorder and a Stabilizer. I believe Best Buy for example had a DVD stabilizer for sale. But they need to go between the player and the recorder and I suspect that most All-in-Ones do not have the ability to do that.

Others may disagree. I myself use a TBC as it also clears up errors that can have an effect on the recorded video. The device referenced above looks like a standalone remover only and not quite what you were looking for.
    Quote Quote  
  4. dessieclive

I can see where some of these units at the site given would work for some analog MV as in a VHS tape
    But I feel that if one must use a external Box. Nothing works as well and reliable as a good TBC

I note at that site that they also claim that some of their units will remove CP from a DVD which is digital
    I do not think it would but would take another look if that could be verified
    Quote Quote  
  5. It is against the law to manufacture the kind of unit you want to buy. Any of the recent Panasonic combos ( DMR ES30V, ES35V, EZ37V, etc ) will allow you to place a device such as mentioned above between the common vcr/dvd output and one of the dvd recorder inputs. It is not quite as convenient as separates.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by trhouse
    It is against the law to manufacture the kind of unit you want to buy.
    I think that depends what country you're talking about. It's probably not illegal to manufacture these in China.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You're looking for a Sima GoDVD, they're available anywhere, most notably B&H, Crutchfield, Amazon and Best Buy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    GoDVDs are going up, up, up on ebay - Sima doesn't sell them or even mention them on their website - get one while you can. BTW: for some more cash (and much better quality without the "where the hell did the green cast come from") when you transfer:

Buy a TBC. Buy a TBC You'll thank me twice for the advice. I suffered thru two years with cheap substitutes.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote