VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I have a couple of downloaded series in AVI format (and I believe they have DivX codec) that I wanted to burn onto DVD. The episodes are each about 22 to 25 minutes long. I don't know anything about DVD burning software, but I was considering getting Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 (the standard edition), because it's not too expensive, and it looked like it could be a good one.

I have a few questions about this software:

1) Is it any good to begin with? haha..

2) Are you able to burn multiple episodes to the DVD, or are you forced to use only one video file per DVD?

3) With this software, are you able to use video files from your computer, or does video have to be ripped from an already existing DVD?

I have a feeling that the last question probably has an obvious answer, but I'd like to know anyway. Haha.. I feel sortof dumb asking, but I'm very new to all this DVD burning stuff.

Thank you in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I use version 4:

Originally Posted by cheeseandcrackers
    1) Is it any good to begin with? haha..
    It's OK for an all-in-one (conversion, mastering, burning) application. It's pretty easy to use. It's not the best, fastest, or most flexible app.

2) Are you able to burn multiple episodes to the DVD, or are you forced to use only one video file per DVD?
    You can include as many individual files as you want. In version 4, if you add more than will fit on a DVD, you have to manually adjust the bitrate. I don't know if newer versions will automatically adjust the bitrate.

3) With this software, are you able to use video files from your computer, or does video have to be ripped from an already existing DVD?
    You are not limited to DVD rips. You can use DV AVI files from a camcorder, downloaded AVI files etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Heck, I'm still using version MF2 and the same things apply...
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In addition to what has already been mentioned, the recent version 6 Plus also adds basic HD-DVD Authoring, and can capture directly to Blu-ray disc. There's also a new feature called "Edit Room" -- which allows you to easily add intro/outro/titles to a clip to spice it up a bit. You can also do some manual edits (not as powerful as VideoStudio, but just enough to let you do some basic editing).

Menu creation is template/wizard driven. There's a good set of templates, and you can even create your own using Ulead's PhotoImpact.

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ulead doesn't seem to add a lot with each new version.

I normally use Avisynth to filter, CCE to encode, then MF to author and burn.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you; you all have been extremely helpful! I appreciate it.
    Quote Quote