VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My recorder writes to an SD card. I had an event where the recorder (Sandisk V-Mate) lost power before being properly stopped. It left behind is a 250MB MP4 file that appears to need a header written to it. I have tried various Fixer and Repair programs on it. They appear to be geared towards repair of truncated downloads and not my issue. Any advise on how I can get my video? Working with XP.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not sure if VKC can read MP4 tho but i know can read like 95% of the available codec in the world.

So my advice:
    try to reencode your video with VLC because VLC can read files where parts are missing so try it and try the H264 codec
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VLC plays a video of 0:00 video length at the status line. No error messages.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looked at it with a hex editor and compared to to some valid files. Appears to have a proper header and no footer.

I tried pasting a footer from a valid MP4. VLC plays a 0:00 minute video.

I tried pasting a header and footer from a valid MP4. VLC - Unrecognized format for 'Both.MP4' after chewing on it for a minute.

All the utilities I found on the net to repair truncated files do not support MP4. Anybody know of one.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Duplicate Oops
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

You have found a solution?

Thank you very much
    Quote Quote