VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My DVD Player (Pioneer DV-440) use to play mp3's before but now it won't. I gives me an error message that says "MP3" "Unplayable" I tried burning speeds of 2x and 4x, I have also tried different brand discs(currently using-Ridata cd-r 48x) I burned using Toast Titanium 7 and itunes. It plays mp3 discs I burned a year ago. I have OSX 10.4.9 and my burner is a Pioneer DVR-105/a05. I tested the mp3 discs on a current portable DVD Player and they work fine. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Just8
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried cleaning it?

I know it sounds stupid but i had a similar problem... resolved by cleaning it!!
    HERE TO HELP

Ollie.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The question is > whens an mp3 NOT an mp3 ... thats the issue .

While cleaning the lens in the unit is a good idea it dose require taking the cover off in order to clean the lens using pure alcohol , and lint free wipes (let it evaporate) ... using those disc cleaners only push crap about and dont get the job done .

Check the manual that came with the unit on the specs of the mp3 it dose support ... most likely wrong frequency or bitrate ... which can damage units .

----

And welcome
    Quote Quote  
  4. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    It may have a max bitrate of 256kbit, or even 224... if you've recently started making VBR files when you had 128k or 192k before, they will almost certainly be peaking up to 320k at some point.

or maybe they have id3v2 tags added when they didn't before, etc.

or it might just need cleaning / different media
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll try cleaning it first and the other suggestions and let you know if it works.

Just8
    Quote Quote