VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently had Windows XP reinstalled on my computer. The technician installed it with WMP 10. I had been using WMP, which I was perfectly happy with.

Here's the problem. When I'm not in full screen mode, some videos do not fill all the available screen space. They play in a small centered square. When I was using 9, the videos filled all available space. I tried the options on View>Video Size, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. (When I go to full-screen, the videos fill the space.)

Is there any way to make the videos as big as possible?

Is there any way to go back to wmp9?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you checked the video settings? Bottom left corner of the player window...the little square icon ( now playing options)...then arrow over to Video Settings, click on the Seclect video zoom settings and you have "fit video to player" and a size setting.

And yes, you can uninstall WMP 10 and reinstall WMP 9.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Is it possible to uninstall 10 and install 9, if 9 has never been on your computer?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is that even possible? I thought XP shipped with WMP 9, so I suspect your tech just performed all of the patches/updates and upgraded to WMP 10.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote