VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings,

I've just registered as a member here, but been using this site for a while now. I found the info in here to be very useful.

What I've been doing for a while now is converting AVI video to DVD (VOB) format, playable on my DVD player.

Programs that i'm using:

TMEGEnc (for encoding avi to Mkv/Mpeg)
    TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 (MKV/Mpeg to DVD format (VOB)
    Nero 7 (Burn to disk)

ok.....

I tried using VIRTUAL DUB to set filters to enhance video quality and to get rid of the noise in the video and to sharpen video quality. After encoding in virtual dub with the selected filters....the output file turned out to be 50+GB.....far too large. Am I missing a step here or is there a way to recompress the video to a more managable size to fit a DVD.

The final product on Disk when played on a player seem to be off....I assume its the aspect ratio of the video....looks strected a bit.

Again....any help would be greatly appreciated. I want the video to fit properly on TV and to be able to improve video quality.

thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    he output file turned out to be 50+GB.....far too large.
    You've probably set the output codec to "uncompressed" (or rather - you didn't set it at all) in VirtualDub - hence the huge output.
    When filtering source video for DVD, you should frameserve from VirtualDub to the mpg encoder (TMPGEnc in your case) to avoid intermediate files, and possible generation loss.
    be able to improve video quality.
    Basically you can never improve on digital video quality. What's gone is gone, and can never be recreated.

/Mats
    Quote Quote