VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anonymous55
    i have a question...if i have a hd movie on my computer and i wanted to play this on my hd dvd player can i burn the movie using my dvd writer? or would i need a new writer that supports writing to hd?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can burn hd-dvd video on dvd but it might not work an all hddvd players, try for example ulead dvd moviefactory.

But you need a new writer if you want to burn HD-DVDrs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Anonymous55
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    You can burn hd-dvd video on dvd
    ...but would the output be of same quality? if i was to do that i would have to compress the video wouldnt i? wouldnt doing that make the output just like a normal dvd? or would it be hd?
    thanks for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, the quality will be hd but you wont be able to fit as much as on a hd-dvd media.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Anonymous55
    ok thanks alot! just one more thing...you say i wont be able to fit as much, but do you think i would be able to fit a complete hd movie on a dvd, without all the other stuff. and would it need compressing? i dont have a clue how big a hd movie is!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by selim97
    ok thanks alot! just one more thing...you say i wont be able to fit as much, but do you think i would be able to fit a complete hd movie on a dvd, without all the other stuff. and would it need compressing? i dont have a clue how big a hd movie is!
    About 20min to play on your Toshiba HD-A1 or near 40 min if you can get dual layer to work. I'm wondering if anyone has gotten dual layer to work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have burned HD-DVD's on double layer DVD's using Ulead DVD Movie Factory to author the HD-DVD. I usually get about an hour's worth of content on one DVD+R DL, but when the bitrate is low enough I have managed to get an entire 90 min. movie on one disc. AVSForum.com has a guide on how to do this.
    Quote Quote