VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. There are a few other topics on this stuff:
    Topic: Slideshow Trickery...

Topic: DVD with videos and Powerpoint

Topic: a DVD that will autostart a .ppt in pc and play a DVD in a set-top player
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I've SUCCESSFULLY burnt my PowerPoint slide show to DVD.
    This is a sample video clip converted from a sample PowerPoint slide show,
    just 5.62MB, you may download it and see its effect.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?axnjvjmjcbm

Forgot adding the tool I used to create this video.
    It was converted by DVD Presenter. Fairly nice tool.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jrhx
    I've SUCCESSFULLY burnt my PowerPoint slide show to DVD.
    This is a sample video clip converted from a sample PowerPoint slide show,
    just 5.62MB, you may download it and see its effect.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?axnjvjmjcbm

Forgot adding the tool I used to create this video.
    It was converted by DVD Presenter. Fairly nice tool.
    Not bad! This video clip is also useful in another way. If they view it, some of our less swift forum members can learn the difference between up and down.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    A little "chunky", both animation-wise and resolution/anti-aliasing-wise.
    No clickable interactives. After your talk about [Next Slide]-[Previous Slide], etc, I was kinda expecting that...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    bubble, I was gonna rag on you about that last comment until I realised where you're going with it.
    Yes, you're right, the uploaded file WAS an MPEG2 and thus was NOT interactive as such. OK, I give.

If you've been following the thread, though, I think you'll realise there's not a lot more I ought to learn about PPT->DVD.

And you're wrong, you can control the [Next/Previous] when you correctly convert your PPT->DVD via a number of ways, certainly NOT just burning the PPT onto a DVD.
    But the better quality ways almost all include a manual component.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To put in my two cents.

I know this is for converting PPT to DVD. And looking at some of the examples the PPT looks like simple slide shows that go from one image to another with transitions and music. (Cornucopia work excluded, his transitions are multi-layered and more complex as I would expect from a Pro)

I am ways looking for quicker, easier and cheaper ways of doing things. And I came across a few programs that may do most of what people here are looking for. Again the following is very simple and your videos will be setup for NTSC. Also I must stress that you need to download and install the NTSC or PAL plugins from the PapaJohn web site.

For quick and easy development I use the following and why:
    MS Photostory 3 (Free) - with the PapaJohn NTSC plugin - PhotoStory is a very easy program that will take your images resize them for NTSC or PAL help you remove black borders. It allows you to adjust image color, add audio and text notation and also a music track. It will also allow you to add transitions and motion (which adds a nice element to a still image). The only down side is if you use motion (like zoom-in, zoom-out, Pan etc.) the text is effected too, so if you zoom-in on an image it will scale the text too. With other plugins you can even do HD video but it would require Photoshop or other photo editing software.

Ulead DVD movie Factory (buy/trial) - This program another very easy program that allows you to import all the videos that you just created and add chapter points and simple edits and help you build your DVD menus. The software will then burn you video to your hard drive or directly to your DVD.

For a more complex, advanced users:
    Adobe Flash - I use Adobe Flash to create animation intros and text the only down side is that you really need to know what you are doing.

Ulead MediaStudio - This is for more advanced video editing for multi-layered video and effects. I also use Adobe Premiere.

Adobe Encore – Or other DVD authoring software which will allow for complex DVD menus and chapter controls.

Photoshop - I think everyone knows what that's for.

If you don't want to buy DVD Movie Factory and want to go the free route you can try MS Movie Maker 2.0 that comes with windows, I have only used it as to just play around I never made anything with MS Movie Maker. As for photostory, go to MS web site and search “Photostory 3”, then Google "PapaJohn Photostory" to get his free plugins for Photostory 3 program. I would look around the PapaJohn web site he offers a lot of good tutorials on this.

Good Luck
    Web maven
    Quote Quote