VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am running vista premium home edition and am a novice when it comes to making dvd's

I can create a project in moviemaker and bring in .jpg and .mpg files to make a movie. I can save the file as a moviemaker file only.

When I try to publish as a movie to a dvd...dvd maker opens and I get an unspecified error and no files have been moved.

I am trying to make a movie that can be played in a dvd player connected to a TV.

Help.

Is there any other software I can get that can convert my moviemaker file into something burnable and compatible?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I do not know for sure, but I would be very much surprised if any other program recognized a Movie Maker project file. If you've spent hours editing this project then perhaps you can render it as a DV avi file (one of the options I recall in movie maker) and then you can proceed to make a DVD the traditional way as described in various guides on this site using more reliable programs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the advice . I found out how to publish the file to my desktop in DV AVI (NTSC) format.

What conversion program would you recommend, there is information overload here and I am not sure what I am doing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by steve7510
    Thanks for the advice . I found out how to publish the file to my desktop in DV AVI (NTSC) format.

What conversion program would you recommend, there is information overload here and I am not sure what I am doing.
    Any encoder supports DV-AVI,I recommend TDA or Ulead VideoStudio.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Once you have your edited movie in DV avi format the next two basic steps are:

1. Encode the DV .avi file into a DVD compliant mpeg 2 file
    2. Author the DVD with a DVD authoring program

You will have to refer to the guides on this site to fill out the details.
    There is a learning curve here if you want to go beyond prepackaged programs like Move Maker (which in your case isn't an option since it has failed to work).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You very much for the info.
    Quote Quote