VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I made two seperate avi files from two different jpgs using ImageToAVi, then I joined the two files with Virtual Dub to make one avi file, 1.avi, 34 seconds long.

Next I made another avi file, 2.avi, 1 min 19 sec long with FlaskMPEG. When I tried to join 1.avi to 2.avi with Virtual Dub using the same method I used to create 1.avi, I got the following Virtual Dub message:

Cannot append segment:C\Video\2.avi: The video streams do not share a common sampling rate.
    First stream: 002dbb07 / 000186a0 = 29.96999 samples/sec
    Second stream:00000bb5 / 00000064 = 29.97000 samples/sec

My question is what is a simple method, if there is one, (I am a newbie concerning video making programs) to join 1.avi and 2.avi into one avi file?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    They must have exact same properties. Try change the "first stream" avi frame rate to exact 29.9700 using AVIFrate or Virtualdub.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you Baldrick for your reply. Later this afternoon or tonight, I will try what you suggested then let you know how it worked out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or give AVI Demux a try. It seems a little more tolerant than virtualdub when joining clips.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Baldrick I downloaded AVIFrate and experimented both with it and VirtualDub for over 10 hours last night and early this morning, trying to accomplish your suggestion. But unfortunately I was not successful (part of the problem of being a newbie concerning video programs).

Guns1inger thank you for your reply, I downloaded AVI Demux and will experiment with it later.

Baldrick and guns1linger after my 10 hour venture yesterday and today and before finding out about guns1inger's reply to my problem, I found on the internet the freeware program, Kate's Video Joiner, which turned out to be a newbie's (my) dream come true.

The program was extremely simple to use and it joined the avi files I had been trying unsuccessfuly to join and with with the options of having the file output as Avi, Mpg (1 or 2), WMV, QuickTime, DVD, VCD, or SVCD. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I discovered the program. It is truly a marvel for newbies like me. Simply pop into it the files you want to join then pick the kind of output you want.

I share that information for newbies like me who somehow inadvertently end up creating complicated files that are hard to join to one another.

I sincerely thank you both for taking the time to try and help me.

Riding off into the sunset,
    Hopalong
    Quote Quote