VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I want convert avi video files to mp4 so I can l pay them on my samsung D600 phone
    can you please tell me the programme to use
    The more you know the more you know that you don't know
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick thanks for the promp reply I,m trying to download super but every time I click on downloan it goes to the next page I keep going back to it but same thing happens
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just use the mirror link on https://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER_1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick, sorted great forum
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick sorry to trouble you again but how do I find the file I've converted? I converted the avi file to mp4 but it doesn't show were the the file has gone to
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I found the file I drag and drop it onto my memory card but the phone still comes up with unsupported file format I've been on to samsung and they told me to convert it to mp4 well I've done that and it still won't play I think I'll call it a night before I pull my hair out thats if I had some
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The phone probably has limits on resolution, bitrate, require the audio to be encoded within certain parameters, etc. Do you have the instruction manual for your phone? It should mention some of the limits you'll need to watch for when you're encoding an MP4 for the phone.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    While I can't be sure that all phones will use the same settings - here's something from my users manual, if it helps you.

Optimal Settings for the BlackBerry Media application on the BlackBerry 8800 smartphone

Video Settings
    Video format: MPEG-4
    Video file extension: .AVI
    Resolution (4:3): 240x180
    Resolution (16:9): 320x180
    Video bitrate: 400 kbps
    Frames per second: 24

Audio Settings
    Audio format: MP3
    Audio bitrate: 128 kbps
    Sample rate: 44 khz
    Channels: 2 (Stereo)
    Whatever doesn't kill me, merely ticks me off. (Never again a Sony consumer.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How do I change the resoluton of the video I want to convert? I've had a word with samsung they said to set the resolution to 320x240
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I converted it ok, but still can't play the file
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The short answer is that the knowledge you need is within the Guides in this website.

I don't have the experience with the Super program that Baldrick mentioned, but if you look through (search) the HOW TO guides (left column of these pages) and locate a guide involving the Super program - chances are good you will find out what you need.

Basically, you tweak settings within the program that will take your movie (input) and convert it (output) to the format you specify.

Sorry I can't be more specific in this case.
    Whatever doesn't kill me, merely ticks me off. (Never again a Sony consumer.)
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Shotobits,
    You need to make sure that you're set the correct codec setting in SUPER. Simply ensuring that it's an MP4 file is not nearly enough. The MP4 container is capable of enclosing audio and video streams of varying codecs (Xvid, Divx, h264, h263, etc.) Cell phones, more often than not, don't have such a wide range of codec support.

I work for Samsung Wireless technical support in Texas so I speak with a certain amount of first-hand knowledge. There's a good chance your D600 does NOT support Xvid, Divx, or h264. I would set SUPER to the generic MPEG-4 video codec with the MP3 audio codec. Try different codecs in different combinations. Also, look out for the resolution. Look through the AviSynth tutorial on SUPER's and AviSynth's websites.

Just curious -- Why are you using the MP4 file format when the blurb you posted from the User Guide specifically states AVI as a supported extension?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it's not his blurb.

yeah super defaults to setting x264 when selecting an mp4 target.
    if you left it at that, it'll never work.
    it should work fine with xvid, divx (without any exotic settings).

this shouldn't be a guessing game.
    find documentation with specs
    or a working sample file you can load into meadiainfo and gather the info you need to try and mirror the working sample.

you're probably aiming at
    mp4 container, mpeg4 video, aac audio,
    resolution 320x240 or lower

gl
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Guys for the sound advice, I got it sorted now I think the problem was samsung software, (PC Studio) the file I converted in super must of been OK because it play OK in my phone now. this is What I did in the phone, go into settings- phone setting- USB settings-mass storage. it turns the phone into a card reader, I just drag and droped the file, I did this before using a card reader all the files went in ok music, pictures, video, I could view the pictures play the music but when I tried to play the video I got unsupported file format. I'm a happy chappy now thanks for all the help. now I know a bit more I might try another way,

Quote Quote