VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I tought a lot about which topic should I post this message in, and this one sounds to be the best to fit my needs. Sorry if it's not the right place.

I would like to replace an audio stream of a DV AVI (Microsoft DV) file with a Wave file. I used to do it with Steinberg's Nuendo. It has a feature "replace audio in video". But now i have to replace many files and more often. Since in Nuendo is't done one-by-one thigs get a little compicated

I searched web for something like that, bus all of the tutorials are about replaceing audio streams in DVDs.

Can anyone please recomment me some tool (preferably command line) that would allow me to replace an audio stream (uncompressed) of DV AVI (Microsoft DV) with the other uncompressed WAVE file?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. VirtualDub. Direct stream copy the video and select your alternate audio then save as avi.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use VirtualDub Mod, as I prefer the way it handles audio. The regular VD is a little convoluted. With VDM, you just add the new audio to the stream list, disable the old audio and select direct stream copy for the video and audio. It doesn't take long to produce the muxed file.

If VD or VDM doesn't open it, you may need to add a DV codec like the Cedocida DV Codec, Canopus DV Codec or the Panasonic DV codec. And there are many guides to using VD or VDM at the bottom of their toolpages. <<<<<<

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by redwudz
    ... The regular VD is a little convoluted...
    I don't care if you prefer VDubMod, but there is nothing convoluted about the regular VDub. What could be simpler than Audio\Wav Audio, select the new audio file. By default Direct Stream Copy is already selected so you only have to set the video to Direct Stream Copy and Save AVI. Also, I believe the latest versions of VDub do not require installing an additional DV codec. VdubMod probably does because it hasn't been kept up to date with the standard version.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote