VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I need the firmware for the DVR-106XA DVD writer which is built in many Pioneer DVD recorders.
    I can't find it on the internet; has anyone connected the writer directly to a PC and read out the firmware?

Thanks in advance...
    Quote Quote  
  2. May I ask you why you need it? I realise it would be possible to replace the DVR writers by flashing the A06 f/w on some pioneer writer. This could be a way to fool the DVR. Anyone ever tried it yet? That would be very useful to DVR-510 owners.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The DVR-106XA is not available on the free market. But the DVR-106 is. So I would like to flash the DVR-106XA firmware to a DVR-106 writer. The XA firmware is adapted for use in DVD recorders. For example, the drive does not spin up the disk to high rotation speeds (which would be very noisy while playing back a CD or DVD).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/content/support/support/software.html list the Quietdrive utility for the 107/8/9 series is. There is also a speed control utility at the bottom of the page. You could try these if you're feeling brave....
    Quote Quote