VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a 1080i MPEG I am trying to convert to something smaller. I first tried Windows Movie Maker in Vista. I tried outputting it as both 1080p and Xbox 360 HD, both times the video output was very choppy, like it was missing frames. After that, every program I tried wouldn't even load the video. I tried Nero Recode, Xbox 360 Recode, and a couple other. Please help, I really need to get this file smaller.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Reboot your PC. Run a Quickstream Fix on your Mpeg file with VideoRedo. Try again.

Or, convert like this https://forum.videohelp.com/topic329377.html#1702550
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi fearmyrage,

How did you obtain the 1080i video ? .. HD tuner capture card or something else ?

If by chance it was by the WinTV-HVR-1600 hd tuner card, then you have a slight
    situation there. VideoReDo 's [Fix] function might help resolve this. But, that will
    depend on how bad the HVR-1600 initially headered the file. If you get a black
    screen.. ie, in WMP (on my XP Home OS, it's WMP) then this is a corrupted header
    in the mpeg and needs to be fixed or patched to get it working inside popular editor/
    players.

-vhelp 4294
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you captured mts or mt2s files from a hd camcorder, you are going to need something more powerful than what you are using. At the moment, Sony offers AVCHD editing in Vegas 7.0e. AVCHD is Sony's own mpeg4 or mt2s file. Mts files produced in say Panasonic or Canon hd camcorders will need something like new versions of editing software that claim to edit hd files. It will be a while before hd files from Sony hard drive camcorders have a good choice of editing software. If you have captured from another source, you need to either post the file type or upload the file. I am not real fan of converting files to allow editing.
    Quote Quote