VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?productId=PRD2000002&PathId=115

I didn't realise JVC had these new models in the US. No good to me in the UK but it could well be what they have planned next. I notice that record has now added +R/RW and dropped Ram and the D/A converter is 12bit.

Any good though?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Haven't seen those in person yet. So far, the new DVD recorders with ATSC/QAM digital tuners that have been checked out show first generation implementation issues, as would be expected. None of them seem to have hit the mark yet. I've had the Panasonic, Magnavox and LG combo units on hand to test myself... all three have some minor annoyances or shortcomings.

Many more of these ATSC/QAM tuner equipped DVD recorders are just now showing up on the store shelves (or soon will). Toshiba, JVC, Philips, RCA, Samsung, etc. Sony has not announced a unit with a digital tuner.
    Quote Quote  
  3. so we aren't talking about 5th generation of tuners here
    Quote Quote  
  4. The tuners are probably 5th generation. It's just the first time these companies have integrated the digital tuners into what are still essentially analog NTSC DVD recorders. Like most new implementations of consumer technology, there are some quirks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Those Models Sucks!!!!!
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Marvingj
    Those Models Sucks!!!!!
    Have not looked at them ... but what are your reasons ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A friend of mine, (overseas) had one too buggy......
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've had the Panasonic, Magnavox and LG combo units on hand to test myself... all three have some minor annoyances or shortcomings.
    I'll have seen those reviews posted I prosume, unfortunatly being in the UK causes great confusion on this site so for me JVC have no plans for new models but I imagine these will be the basis of the new models if ever. Toshiba look to be producing the best all rounder options here (UK) all though Panasonic, Sony, Pioneer, also offer Digital Tuner with HD, which insidently the JVC's don't have.
    The 12bit A/D converter and +/- media rec. interested me as this seems a significate change. Looks like where Sony and Panasonic lead JVC follow .
    Quote Quote