VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I am new to the forums

Not sure where i should be posting this but this looked like the best place to fit the match. Was wondering if anyone can help me out. I am trying to convert a TV series in mkv format to avi or preferably dvd format however i am having some trouble with the subtitles. The program i am using is avi2dvd, mkvmerge, mkvextract but what making this particularly difficult is the mkv files contain subtitle .ass file instead of the standard .srt file. The .ass format has addtional ttf file and which avi2dvd won't accept it. I can seperate the container into seperate files but like i mention i am totally confused with the .ass and all the addtional .ttf that come with it. I am not even bothered about the format as i am even happy with somehow changing the subs to the .srt so i can at least try and convert it.

Anyone know of a good way or better way of changing mkv containers with .ass and .ttf files to DVD or AVI format?

Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks in advance.

Kyo

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Convert your ass to srt with for example subtitle workshop. ( )

Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick

I did get this program when i was browsing before but tbh i haven't got a clue how it worked as i am a total nub when it comes to subtitles

Any info or guide that can give me a bit more guidance.

Cheers

Kyo