VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to increase the velocity of an audio in Sony Vegas 7.0? If so, how?

Also, is it possible to freeze the last frame in a clip for a certain amount of time?

Also, I was looking at the manual to put in a caption(I just need to put in someone's name for 5 seconds), but I couldnt do it. I saved the image(person's name in white, rest black) as a png. put it on the track higher than the image, then i got lost. please help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Simplest way to add text is with a text generator. Add it to the timeline above the image. There are a few to choose from and you can change the font etc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can someone please answer these questions?

Is it possible to increase the velocity of an audio in Sony Vegas 7.0? If so, how?

To make text appear(I didn't quite understand the other explanation, is there an easier way)?

I need to use these for my spanish film due tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Audio Velocity? You mean volume (loudness, gain)?

I don't use Vegas but one way of making a freeze frame at the end of the video is to export the last frame as an image. Then import that image as still that displays for as long as you need.

A quick google search turned up this guide with some vague hints on audio processing and adding text:

http://www.manifest-tech.com/media_pc/sony_vegas_ms.htm
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when i say increase audio velocity, I mean the speed at which the audio plays. So pretend one song normally takes 2 minutes to play, but I want it to play fast(1.5 minutes), but I don't want to cut anything out.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by qazwsx16
    when i say increase audio velocity, I mean the speed at which the audio plays. So pretend one song normally takes 2 minutes to play, but I want it to play fast(1.5 minutes), but I don't want to cut anything out.
    I don't know if Vegas can do it but you could always export the audio and use a program like Audacity or GoldWave to speed it up. You have the option playing faster but the pitch is the same, or playing faster and letting the pitch rise.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vegas 6D can do it....thats why I didn't upgrade to 7.0
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I'm going to try out Audacity. It's weird they include it in 6 and not 7...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Obviously you are very new to Vegas, and jumping into something this new and complex with a short deadline is not the smartest move.

Vegas, for at least the last 4 versions, has used the term Media Generator for things like text overlays, solid color panels etc. They have their own tab down at the bottom of the screen with the explorer panel. You navigate through them just line you would transitions. It is all in the help files - which are in fact rather good, if you bother to read them.

Vegas uses many of the same audio filters as sound forge. Right-click on the audio track and select Apply non-real time filters. Choose the Time Stretch filter to change the length of your clip by speeding it up or slowing it down.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    or hold down the shift key and drag the end of the clip left or right to change the length -- right click on the clip and select if you want pitch change or not and how applied .....

all covered in depth in the manual ...

the audio features in vegas are some of the best found in any program anywhere
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote