VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys hope someone can help me with this...

I have recently connected my PC (which is running WinXP Pro SP2) to my TV using an S-Video to TV-IN lead. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9250. I have used the ATI software to clone the display from my monitor on my TV and it shows up great. When i am using the PC for windows tasks or web browsing etc whatever i am doing is shown on the tv identically to the monitor.

However the problem happens whenever i try and view a video file. If i open any kind of video with windows media player i can see it playing ok on the monitor, however the TV shows an empty black windows media player window. The same happens when i use realplayer or VLC media player. The rest of the desktop is still visible and i can see the pointer moving about, its just the section of the screen where the video should be is blank. If i make any of the videos fullscreen then i just get a completely blank screen on my TV while it plays away on the monitor. The only video i can get to play on my TV is when i surf to youtube and play a vid from that. For some reason there are no problems watching that on my TV. Obviously this isn't much good to me as my main reason for connecting the TV up was to watch videos from my hard drive, not from youtube!

Anyhow, apologies for the lengthy first post, but i thought i should give as much detail as possible in the hope that someone can help me!

JieBie
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ATI control panel, overlay settings, clone mode.
    Quote Quote