VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello there. I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong section. I have looked through out the search feature numerous times but have yet to find what I was looking for.

I had an old collection of VHS home movies that I converted to dvd and then ripped them to my hard drive. The easiest way for me to get these movies (VIDEO_TS) onto youtube was to convert them to mpeg and then upload them to youtube. I tried the trialware of AOADVD RIPPER and it was PERFECT. It allowed me to edit my video so it was the right time (10min) that youtube allows. I also liked how I could just place a dvd in my PC and then open the dvd right from the menu. As much as I loved it I figured if you guys could recommend something similar to aoa dvd ripper (dvd to mpeg/avi) but something that was a freeware program. Just not sure if I want to shell out the 34.99 for something I can get for much less. Thanks guys and sorry if I posted this in the wrong location. Also, if you can recommend an easier way for me to edit and get my videos to youtube that would be much appreciated.

http://www.aoamedia.com/dvd_ripper.htm
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can use fairuse wizard , http://mirror.brokenlogic.net/fu2.6-setup.exe , and set start and stop to select what you want from the dvd and convert to a xvid avi that you can upload to you youtube.

or dvdshrink and use the reauthoring to select what you want and then just upload the vob or make a mpg with vob2mpg.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wow! Baldrick, thank you sir!

I appreciate the information. Off to check out the recommendations right now, Thanks again Baldrick.
    Quote Quote