VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Did this work for u?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Sorry for the other post that i posted that day

Well Lets get to the tutorial!

the programs you need are AVS Video Converter (not free) and a different converter that does the same thing like rmvb to avi that you thought couldn't work and also download real alternative just in case.

the reason why to use two converters is that AVS has the RV40 codec in the programming of the conversion software. So AVS foolishly left the codec to the open for other programs to use it. AVS Uses Realalternatives codecs on their program so thus leaving it out.

Avs Leaves a water mark on the video in the center becuse its not free.

Install Both converters in the machine and use the other converter you downloaded and not AVS.

On the other converter do the converting settings normally and There! Your RMVB become AVI encoded with Xvid or Divx which ever is fine.

Here Are the different converters you can use

-imTOO
    -free ipod video converter (only for iPod users)
    -Super
    -Quick Video Converter (poorly converts)
    etc

Research Done By RealMix .Inc
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The only RV40 decoder is from Real. AVS, Real Alt, etc. just bundle it.

If you have downloaded Real Alt then I am unsure of why you would need AVS Video Converter if you aren't actually going to use it for converting. Real Alt installs Real's decoders along with Gabest dshow splitter. Should allow any dshow based converter to convert rmvb files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. o ok i did that without reAL ALT and it worked but it sometimes dont work so i thought to put that on
    REALMIX CODECS
    Quote Quote