VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have the multi region hack for the latest Durabrand player from Asda (Walmart) in the UK - the LEDVD0701. However I can't create a page for it as no web link appears to exist anywhere for this model. As its a Walmart own brand, there is no manufacturers site, and it isn't available online it would seem, only in store.

Its a particularly popular model at the moment too, as it is very cheap, so I would imagine a lot of people would want the hack. It seems a pity not to share it, so any advice as to whether its possible to somehow put it on the site would be gratefully received.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Post an image of it and with some of it's main features somewhere (like in this topic). Then link to it when you submit the new dvd player.

ANd i guess it's this hack? http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/forums/thread.asp?Forum=176&Thread=660517
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks!

Yes, its the 13690 hack.

I've used the Pacific, refered to in your link, and my guess is, internally, that these are actually the same machine. Menus, features etc are identical.

Unfortunately I don't have any way to take a digital photo right now, (I'm living in the stone age I know) but I'll try to come up with something.

For now, as long as the hack is on the web somewhere, it isn't so bad. (My use of the Pacific hack was just a guess, when I noticed that the features were identical).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi got one of these to take abroad as a prezy and thought I'll unlock it here before I take it. Unfortunatly I don't know if its worked or not as it doesn't show me anything on screen like the durabrand 1000 does. I also I don't have any cds to try out so i'm stuck on whether i've unlocked it or not. Is it possible for someone to show me screen shots or something like whats supposed to show on screen, as I only get the same screen and it looks like nothing has happened.

Another thing I noticed is that, unlike the durabrand 100, it doesn't play mp3 which is a shame as the ppl I will be giving this to listen to mp3.

But if someone can get screen shots or a walkthrough of whats supposed to happen when the buttons are pressed I will b greatful.

VIX11
    VIX11
    Quote Quote  
  5. Nothing visibly happens. If you followed the detailed instructions (provided in the link) it should have worked, but I'm not sure there is a way to verify it.

I didn't realise that they had removed the MP3 capacity - Sorry!

I'm not sure how to suggest you could confirm it, short of buying a really cheap other region DVD; you may not have time and it adds to the expense.

I'll try to check again over the next few days, but I'm 99% sure that you aren't missing any visible confirmation; there is none - you just know when it plays wrong region DVDs - so hopefully you are OK.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    I tried this hack but it didn't work!
    I pressed the stop button instead of clear and hey presto I have a multi region dvd player!
    Quote Quote