VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Using DVDLabPro, I've created an audio DVD with 221 AC3s.....each of which is 10 - 15 min. in duration and includes 3 - 6 songs and interviews.

Using the technique suggested in this link
    https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=287574

I have 38 VTS and the 221 AC3s are each linked to it's own menu.

As suggested, I have a 4 sec. blank video for each VTS [which is required] and are not used in any other way.

This technique works well except that I really need to have "chapters" or something like it so I don't have to wait so long just to hear a certain song or interview.

[ FYI this DVD is the History of Rock & Roll with 221 self contained chapters [AC3s] that I don't want to split up]

I just don't see anything in DLP that allows me to do this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is you have 221 titles, not 221 chapters. What you can do it add chapter points in each title to allow you to jump over a song or interview, and a chapter point on the last i-frame to speed jumps between titles
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, creating chapters points in a movie is easy, is there a way to do that in the menu that plays an AC3 title? I see no way of doing that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nope - can't put chapter points in a menu. You either have to find a better way to author it, or live without it.

The best I can offer is to use cells, and have links to jump from cell to cell. Not quite the same as hitting next, but it might work.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Anything, to jump ahead in the AC3 should be good.

So I guess you're basically saying one can create cells in the menus?

I'm totally ignorant on this matter. Is the info I need to help me do this available in any DLP HELP guides or sites?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Click on this link : http://mediachance.com/dvdlab/helppro2/index.html then double-click the section marked Menu Cells. There is a specific reference to audio Cells that might help you out.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank you. By the way. Your's is the best logo I've ever seem in a forum.
    Quote Quote